A Gatemage was arguably, along with a manmage, the most powerful of all Mither Mages. A servant of spacetime, a gatemage was able to create a portal, or "gate", that would transport a person or thing instantaneously between two points. Gates, in addition to being powerful means of travel and manipulation, would heal any wound when a person passes through.
Gatemages also had the power to create Great Gates, which were formed by weaving a dozen or more gates together and extending them from one world to another. The passage between worlds (Westil and Mittlegard) greatly strengthened any mage's power many fold. Thus, gatemages were extremely valuable to fellow mages in the quest for greater power. They were forced to be killed because Loki closed all the great gates, and if a family could get theit hands on one that could make a great gate, they could destroy the other families.
Types of Gatemages Edit
- Gatefather - Can make, close (gather in), eat (taking in another gatemages gate) lock, unlock and move the gates locations. Gatesense.
- Pathbrother - Gatesense.
- Keyfriend - Can unlock gates. Gatesense.
- Lockfriend - Can lock gates. Gatesense.
- Sniffer/Finder - Can find gates. Gatesense.
Gate Types Edit
- Public Gate - A gate that anyone can walk through.
- Viewport - Half made gates that have both ends locked.
Gatemages of MythologyEdit
The following are known Gatemages in history: